Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand (I-EA-T)
As a state enterprise under the Ministry of Industry, the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand is responsible for the development and establishment of industrial estates, where factories for various industries are orderly and systematically clustered together. With industrial estates as an implementation tool, I-EA-T also serves as a governmental mechanism to decentralize industrial development to provincial areas throughout the country.
Industrial Estate Definition
“Industrial Estate” means an area of land allocated for industrial factories to be set up in a well-organized manner. The area consists of industrial space, together with a complete range of facilities, public utilities and infrastructure such as roads, drainage, central wastewater treatment, flood protection, electricity, water supply and a telephone system. Additional necessary services available include a post office, bank, shopping center, worker residential area and petrol station.
1) To establish industrial estates and to encourage and support the private sector or government agencies in establishing industrial estates
2) To provide public utilities and infrastructure, as well as to offer relevant services essential for industrial operations
3) To encourage and support the private sector to invest in public utilities and infrastructure or to offer relevant services necessary for industrial operations
4) To provide an environmental management system, along with an industrial accident prevention and relief system
5) To grant permission and/or approval for business operations in an industrial estate and to provide privileges, incentives and other facilities associated with industrial operations
1) To be a provider of complete production factors that enables manufactured products to achieve high quality and become competitive on the global market
2) To be a governmental mechanism in decentralizing industries and enhancing development in provincial areas
3) To be a governmental mechanism in maintaining and promoting environmental quality in the industrial sector
4) To be a governmental mechanism in preventing and relieving industrial accidents
5) To be a governmental mechanism in managing and organizing the use of land in specific areas, thus taking part in city planning and land-use management
6) To be a governmental mechanism in promoting and supporting general, export as well as primary industries
One Stop Service
I-EA-T established a ‘One Stop Service Center’ (OSS) to provide a complete beginning-to-end service solution, ranging from land purchase and rental, appropriate factory location suggestions, application approval and the issuance of certificates required for factory establishment, to the development of joint-management industrial estates with I-EA-T.
Currently, there are 55 industrial estates in operation across 16 provinces, of which 13 are operated by I-EA-T and 42 are jointly operated with developers.